Tuesday, April 19, 2011

First Hubris Of The Spring

Her great complaint is my negativity,
but see how she reacts to a little optimism:



The Oaf: I just had a horrible realization.

The Missus: Well, stop it.

The Oaf: You know my ringer thing?

The Missus: Ringer thing?

The Oaf: I sit up in my room and work on my shit and feel lame and useless, and then when I feel ready I take it out to a classroom or a workshop and--

The Missus: -- you're a ringer.

The Oaf: The last class I took, the teacher actually used the word ringer, right there in front of God and everyone.

The Missus: Well, yeah.

The Oaf: Well, I'm feeling pretty good about the novel. I'm feeling ready.

The Missus: ........................ you, you ................YOU. ......................... You can't......... There aren't...... Who says.... There aren't standards!

The Oaf: There are.

The Missus: You can't be a ringer with a novel!

The Oaf: Just watch me.

1 comment:

Sean Craven said...

Hey, Eric!

Just for the record (and since I dragged ass on replying here, I'll drop you a line), your idea about making Matt more directly responsible for Arnie and Jeff's deaths has been crucial. Thanks again, dude.